The Bible is divided into two great teachings: The Law, which shows us what are to do and not do, and The Gospel, which is the Good News of our completed salvation in Jesus Christ.
- the Bible to be the divinely inspired Word of God.
- that Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, is the key to correctly understanding the Bible.
- there is only one true God Who reveals Himself as the triune God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three distinct persons in one divine being (the Holy Trinity).
- a person is not saved by their works, but only through “faith” in Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- that Jesus Christ is “true God, begotten of the Father from eternity, and also true man, born of the Virgin Mary.”
- that Christ died on the cross for the sins of all people on Good Friday, and then rose bodily from the grave on Easter morning; thus assuring all who believe in Him eternal life.
- that Baptism is a sacrament intended for all nations (babies and adults alike), which works forgiveness of sins, rescues from death and the devil, and gives eternal salvation to all who believe in Jesus as their Savior.
- that in the Sacrament of the Altar, we receive not only bread and wine, but also the true body and blood of Christ for the forgiveness of our sins.
- that there is only one Christian Church on earth made up of true believers in Christ.